Student Recruitment Manager, London and South
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Permanent
This role is key to enabling BPP Law School to deliver on its revenue targets whilst also attracting the highest calibre students to its programmes. The post holder will assist the Head of Outreach & Student Recruitment in determining and delivering a national strategy for engagement with law and non-law students at feeder universities that will raise awareness of the BPP brand and create and convert a pipeline of students to its programmes. To ensure maximum impact in this role, the successful applicant will either have events management experience or a background in professional graduate recruitment.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board has recently abolished the BPTC, leading to BPP’s introduction of the Bar
Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BTC and PGDL.
Please see attached JD for a full list of responsibilities.
Department Law School - Programmes & Students
Vacancy location UK, London, London Holborn
- A relevant degree
- Events management and administration experience or a background in graduate professional recruitment or
- Experience of fee earning within the legal sector and familiarity with the requirements of that sector when selecting their graduate talent
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of performance managing a team
- Experience of managing projects through to successful completion
- Supportive, motivating and willing to take on new initiatives
- A can-do attitude with a flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, networking and influencing skills.
- Ability to plan and supervise workloads to ensure that targets are met in the most efficient way possible without sacrificing quality of output.
- Close attention to detail
- Able to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Strong Excel, IT and data analysis skills
- An understanding of appropriate social media use for promotion of events
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary 34,000 to 40,000 depending on experience
Full Job Description
Student Recruitment Manager Job Description London Nov 2020 (1).pdf (159 Kb)