Research Specialist I
3 days left
- Part Time
Department Andlinger Cntr for Energy/Env
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
Work Schedule flexible work hours
Name of Lab Weber Research Group
Organizational Psychology Research Assistant will work on an umbrella project on organizational and corporate behavior in the context of climate change. This work draws on research about social norms and networks, decision making, and behavior from social psychology and sociology, but adapts this literature to the context of the organization. One of the current projects focuses on climate finance and divestment decisions by large corporations. This position will also involve some general research support work for the lab. Position is ideal for someone considering a research career in quantitative social science (or management, finance and business) and interested in applying research to address social problems. This position also includes opportunities to learn and develop research skills and receive professional mentorship (e.g., in preparation for applying to a PhD).
Position may be adjusted to full-time depending on experience level and needs.
- Working with different types of data and running analyses in R. Datasets range from qualitative interviews to text to quantitative data.
- Identify and develop new datasets
- Academic literature reviews; background research on companies and publicly available statements and texts
- General research support for the project, including scheduling meetings and notetaking.
- Administrative and research support for the lab, including, but not limited to, organizing weekly lab meetings, preparing IRB protocols.
Required skills / qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required in relevant field
- At least one year experience in research field
- Familiarity with statistics (coursework or research experience)
- Strong background in R
- Ability to conduct analysis independently
- strong organizational and notetaking skills
Preferred skills / qualifications:
- Familiarity with qualitative and/or social media data
- Familiarity with academic and industry research
- Strong understanding of private sector dynamics
- Strong understanding of organizational behavior
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW