Research Assistant/Associate, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant/Associate in the Laboratory of Professor George Augustine
We are recruiting a research assistant/associate to join the laboratory of Professor George Augustine at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC Medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
The candidate will be mainly working on Tier-3 funded projects, in collaboration with Associate Prof Eyleen Goh. These are dementia-related projects focuses on the fundamental mechanisms underlying neuronal development, functions and circuitry. For more information, please visit:
- Will be working on research projects of the lab, involving mainly cells-related work, but also mouse genotyping and studies when required
- Reagent preparation to support postdoc and students’ experiments
- Track inventory of chemicals and consumables
- General laboratory housekeeping
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Provide support and report regularly to PI
Qualifications and skillsets:
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (for associate level) or equivalent in any relevant field of neuroscience, cellular/molecular biology, or biochemistry.
- Applicants should be proficient in aseptic laboratory practices and have good molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Minimum 2-3 years experiences in working with stem cells.
- Minimum 5 years of wet reseach lab experience.
- Self-motivated individual with an inquisitive mind and good analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Be meticulous and organized.
- Be able to work independently, as well as collaborate effectively with a diverse and interdisciplinary team.
- Being familiar with laboratory management and administration (e.g. procurement, safety) is a plus.
We will provide exciting opportunities and vibrant atmospheres as well as state-of-the-art core facilities. Excited and motivated individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with your CV, cover letter and names of two references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.