£9.90 plus £2.64 London weighting per hour
Part Time Hours: Maximum 20 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Wednesday 09 December 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The University of Greenwich (UoG) recently launched the Graduate Teaching Demonstrators (GTDs) scheme to support recent graduates to start their career, and to facilitate staff and students in the move to blended learning. The research project aims to assess the outcome of the scheme from different perspectives: 1) the experience of the GTDs in relation to their own personal and professional growth; 2) the experience of students supported by GTDs; and 3) the members of staff who benefited from the support of the GTDs.
The student researcher works with the project lead and other key stakeholders involved in the GTD scheme. The student researcher is responsible for conducting structured interviews and focus groups with key stakeholders under the direction of the project leads and, where applicable, collect and analyse other relevant data. They also support the project leads with qualitative and quantitative data analysis and the overall coordination of the project.
- Facilitating focus groups with Graduate Teaching Demonstrators about their experience of the role.
- Conducting structured interviews with Graduate Teaching Demonstrators and other key stakeholders involved in the scheme.
- Analysing qualitative and quantitative data gathered throughout the research.
- Producing reports based on the data analysis for consideration by the project team.
- Present research outputs to internal and external stakeholders.