Project Officer, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering/Metallurgy/Materials Science/Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE) invites applications for the position of Project Officer.
The Project Officer will work on a project to conduct research on materials development using state of the art advanced manufacturing techniques.
- Experiment planning and execution of the experiments
- Experiment using state-of-the-art metal 3D printers
- Simulations of laser processing techniques
- Assist with lab operations such as safety compliance and purchasing support
- Examining the samples using microstructure characterization techniques and mechanical testing
- Literature reviews on materials processing by advanced manufacturing techniques such as powder bed fusion and directed energy deposition
- Writing progress reports, research papers and documentation of results
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science, Engineering or related disciplines
- Experience in additive manufacturing or relevant manufacturing processes for metals is an advantage
- Laboratory experience involving material characterization techniques and mechanical testing is an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills, teamwork awareness is desired
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Passionate and strong sense of responsibility for research
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU