School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering is looking for a candidate to join them as a Project Officer.
- Develop insect-computer hybrid robots: the sensor-backpack mounting on living insects to (i) report environmental conditions and (ii) electronically stimulate their neurons and muscles to navigate them on demands
- Develop algorithm, software architecture, execute coding, troubleshoot and debug software solution
- Integrate and test software solution with sensor-backpack and living insect
- Technical write up and presentation
- Degree in Mechatronics/ Electronics/Computer Engineering/ Robotics, or relevant field
- Experience with C/C++ and C# programming
- Experience in real time embedded system hardware and software development
- Experience in programming with Real Time Operation System
- Experience in wireless communications (BLE and Sub-Ghz) is advantageous
- Knowledge and experience in insect anatomy and physiology are not necessary
- A team player and technically motivated to solve problems
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.