Senior Research Fellow, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, NTU (Singapore) invites applications for our Senior Research Fellow position.
We are seeking highly motivated and experienced candidates to join our innovation team on nanotechnology empowered design of cell-instructive biomedical devices.
- Lead research project under the direction of Principal Investigator, and present significant progress towards the deliverables
- Writing scientific publications and grants. Review and curation of literature
- Collaborate with other team members, and supervise junior members
- Assist in general operation of laboratory including ordering supplies and maintenance
- Train new laboratory personnel, students, and short term visiting scientists
- Comply with all laboratory safety standards and guidelines
- Ph.D. in Molecular and Cell Biology / Mechanobiology and related fields; specialization in cytoskeleton organization, pattern formation, cell adhesion, cell migration, and cell mechanics is highly preferred
- Working experience in cell biology, mammalian cell culture, gene transfection (stable and transient), immunofluorescence, gene knock-in/know-out, cell mechanics, surface technique for cell manipulation, etc
- Working experience in dynamic cell imaging and analysis, including but not limit to: confocal, TIRF, SIM, STORM, Image J, MATLAB, IMARIS, and biostatistics (Prism, etc.)
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the development of the project
- Evidence of research independence and track record of first author publications in high impact journals
- Excellent laboratory, planning, and leadership skills
- Ability to integrate well into a team of researchers with different backgrounds, and the ability to learn new techniques
- More than 3 years of working experience in cell biology, mechanobiology and as a postdoctoral scholar
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.