Community Engagement and Communication Officer
Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Fixed-term, full-time available until 31 December 2021
Higher Education Officer Level 6
$79,938 - $85,231 pa
Manager, Rural and Remote Health NT
The Flinders University Rural and Remote Health vision is to work with and for our communities to improve the health outcomes of rural and remote Australians. Genuine community engagement is the cornerstone of success in this vision.
This position will work with Rural and Remote Health staff and communities to raise the profile of Rural and Remote Health in the Northern Territory (NT) and more broadly in the community.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Develop, support, and promote the goals of Flinders University, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase Flinders’ visibility among stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, and customer audiences that will help advance the work of Flinders University in the Rural and Remote context.
- Design, produce and distribute event correspondence and promotional material.
- Assist in website maintenance, including but not limited to banner updates, content and images.
- Work with other Flinders media and communications colleagues to contribute to key advertising, communication, sponsorship, and media activities.
- Explore, develop and maintain opportunities for community engagement with Rural and Remote Health in the Northern Territory and across Flinders University Rural and Remote footprint
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them.
- Work closely with Flinders University leadership group and the Office of Communication, Marketing and Engagement to develop publicity and media activities, and promotional events.
- Some out of hours work (including weekends) as well as rural NT, and interstate travel may be required.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the position as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- A relevant degree with subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education and/or training.
- Evidence of commitment to the key elements of Flinders Reconciliation Action Plan including fostering an environment that recognises and embraces Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, knowledges, cultures and ethical conduct of research with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Demonstrated Well-developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of staff and stakeholders at a range of literacy levels.
- Evidence of a broad understanding of media and communication platforms that address/promote issues impacting the health of rural and remote Australians.
- Well-developed organisational skills, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a busy environment, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and a commitment to fostering a positive workplace culture including an ability to build relationships and liaise with a broad range of staff and stakeholders across multiple sites.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver quality customer service and respond rapidly to requests.
- Sound computer skills including experience with Microsoft suite of programmes.
- Ability to connect and work with a range of stakeholders including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, industry, government and other external organisations
- Commitment to the social vision of Flinders University and Rural and Remote Health NT
- Identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
For application enquiries please contact: Mr Brian Hylands
Northern Territory Government legislation (the Care and Protection of Children Act 2007) now requires all individuals in child related employment or whose duties involve, or are likely to involve, contact with a child, to hold a valid ‘Working with Children Clearance’ (Ochre Card). This position involves child related work and is assessed as requiring a Working with Children Clearance/Ochre Card.
Information for Applicants: You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59 pm:
10 Dec 202