Job Profile Teaching - Actuarial
Contract Type Permanent
To develop and deliver high-quality teaching, distance-learning materials and other educational services to actuarial students.
Please note that the successful candidate must be able to travel to tutorial venues across UK and Ireland.
- Prepare for and teach good quality actuarial courses, online and in a variety of locations within the UK or overseas from time to time.
- Answer student queries by telephone, email and forums in an efficient and timely manner.
- Write, update and review distance-learning materials ensuring high quality but adhering to deadlines and other practical guidance offered. Materials include traditional paper-based products as well as non-traditional products, eg e-learning products.
- Provide feedback to the actuarial profession on the Core Reading for the actuarial exams.
- Attend and participate in meetings to plan future strategy and discuss projects.
- Mark students' scripts accurately and efficiently giving helpful advice to students.
- Carry out all required administrative duties in the timescales required.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as mutually agreed with management to ensure the smooth running of the division and an excellent provision of services to customers.
Department Accountancy & Tax - Actuarial
Vacancy location Location UK, South East, Abingdon
- Relevant actuarial qualification
- Experience in a relevant actuarial field
- Individual responsibility, honesty and integrity
- Excellent teamwork – as well as willing to learn from others and share best practice
- Logic, reason and efficiency
- Prioritisation skills and the drive to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to adapt and successfully multi task
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative
- Friendly, enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude to work without direct supervision
- Flexibility, to work both at home and away from home (sometimes for several days at a time), and to travel long distances (mainly within the UK but sometimes abroad)
- Good IT skills: MS Office suite
- Genuine commitment to education and student welfare
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
Employment Details Contract Hours 40.00