Digital Content Coordinator
Digital Content Coordinator
Job ID: 010744
Salary: £32,676 to £37,297 including London Weighting Allowance
Closing date: 07-Dec-2020
Business unit: The Dickson Poon School of Law
Department: Law School
Contact details: Leonie Taylor - Senior Communications Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Strand Campus Professional and support services
This is a unique opportunity to create original and dynamic strategic content that showcases the breadth of student and academic activity taking place in The Dickson Poon School of Law.
Collaborating with communications, marketing and events colleagues to increase engagement across online channels, the Digital Content Coordinator supports a number of strategic activities, such as the student experience, marketing campaigns, public events and corporate communications.
The role holder is responsible for creating, coordinating and evaluating the delivery and performance of web content, social media campaigns and video and audio content to further showcase the excellence and impact of the Faculty's teaching and research and its contribution towards the university's strategic vision.
You will be a motivated self-starter with solid experience of content planning, creation and social media management. Experience with writing for the web and using content management systems is essential. Possessing strong verbal and written communication skills, you will be adept at collaborating with a range of stakeholders. The ability to develop creative and engaging content for a variety of audiences and platforms inside and outside of Higher Education is essential. An interest in video shooting and editing would be desirable.
This post will be offered on full time, indefinite contract.
- Support the Communications and external engagement team in the development and implementation of digital activity and content to support internal and external messaging, through video, the website and social media; ensuring compliance with university house style and branding guidelines
- Support the marketing team in the creation and production of digital materials for student recruitment and the implementation of the School's marketing strategy
- Manage and maintain the School's website, making timely edits to content, images and news stories.
- Maintain an awareness of current trends in social media, digital platforms, user generated content and e-communications to assess new opportunities that may be of value to the School, as well as proactively engaging in their adoption where appropriate.
- Create, repurpose and oversee digital content and activity for the School across a variety of digital platforms;
- Translate the School's diverse activities into engaging digital content, including video using your own skills and experience (usage of specific software, editing, production etc)
- Create digital content, including for King's Spotlight, Faculty news and campaigns, to promote the School's research profile, particularly in preparation for the next Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Help implement and support digital marketing and communication (internal and external) campaigns and strategies for the School;
- Contribute to the implementation of The Dickson Poon School of Law School Strategy and King's Strategic Vision 2029;
- Support and proactively manage the School's on-going social media activity, ensuring that it meets organisational goals
- Measure the performance of content across social media platforms and report to more senior members of staff on projects, their viability and successes;
- Manage the School's internal and external web presence, writing copy, creating new pages and making edits when requested;
- Provide periodic reports on digital activity, identify methods of communication and promotion which are proving successful and unsuccessful and give insight into community behaviour to help inform future content direction, strategy and engagement opportunities
- Monitor trends in social media, digital platforms, user-generated content, and digital communication to ensure the School is benefitting from new opportunities to improve its communication strategy;
- Be a brand ambassador for the university;
- Be a digital champion for the School, offering guidance and technical support to colleagues where possible, to help support the Professional Services Team's commitment to continuous service improvement and development;
- Support colleagues with the digital promotion of School events.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- First degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- Excellent IT skills and a high level of technical aptitude (including use of Office, video editing programmes, content management systems).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop creative and engaging content for a variety of audiences inside and outside Higher Education.
- Ability to balance competing, shifting priorities under pressure of deadlines and workload.
- Experience with managing websites and editing content for the web
- Experience in producing video in house as well as working with external agencies.
- Experience of prioritising a busy workload while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working with staff at all levels and with external contacts.
- Experience of managing social media accounts, including content planning, creation and community management and knowledge of how people engage with content on different channels and platforms
- Proficiency in filming and video post-production software.
- A track record of introducing new technology and communications methods.
- Experience of the higher education sector and knowledge of competitor institutions.
The selection will consist of a presentation and a panel interview
This advertisement does not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role.