Research Associate, Information Visualisation, Level ARAS
- Based in UniSA STEM, located at Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time, fixed term contract until 30 April 2022
- Salary range: $88,851 - $95,253 per annum (plus superannuation)
About the Job
The Research Associate will investigate and evaluate novel techniques and systems for visualising advanced manufacturing data in the field and across the supply chain. Your work will contribute to an Innovative Manufacturing Cooperative Research Centre (IMCRC) research project conducted jointly by UniSA, BAE Systems Australia for ACS Shipbuilding titled ‘The Application of Interactive Narrative Visualisation and Big Data to improve High Value Manufacturing’.
Skills and Experience
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- A PhD / degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- Knowledge of information visualisation techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in experimental design and result analysis.
- A track record of quality journal and conference publications in the field of information visualisation and human computer interaction.
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with wide range of stakeholders.
A University of Enterprise
The University of South Australia (UniSA) is an innovative, outward-looking institution known for its strong and engaged research and its experientially-based teaching and learning that is conducted in close collaboration with business, industry, government and the professions.
In recent years, we have maintained a strong upward trajectory across a number of key indicators and are ranked among the world’s top 50 young institutions. We are committed to international education activities and alumni, graduates who are equipped to meet the demands and expectations of the worldwide workforce, a culturally diverse staff and increasing student mobility.
Benefits on Offer
At UniSA, we seek to enrich people’s lives through the creation and application of knowledge. Our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes a strong commitment to educating professionals, sharing knowledge, and engaging with our communities.
We offer a competitive remuneration package and we have a family friendly approach to ensure you enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
Lodging your Application
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit https://workingatunisa.nga.net.au/. Please refer to the online application form, which will indicate which selection criteria you need to address. Please address your cover letter for the role to Sarah Doyle, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, you can contact the UniSA Recruitment Central Team on +618 8302 1700 or via email to email@example.com using job reference number #2480.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Sunday 3 January 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.