Post-doctoral Fellow in Liver Cancer Research
About Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
A full-time position at the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is open for a Post Doctoral Fellow to investigate metabolic reprogramming during the development of in liver cancer in human and how gut microbiome affect the progression of liver cancer. Prof. Wang’s lab conducts multidisciplinary research in LKCMedicine and has access to state of art facilities essential for conducting molecular biology experiments. The lab is also specialized in both untargeted and targeted metabolomics analysis, and isotope tracing technique for metabolic flux analysis with Bruker 600 MHz IVDR, Waters Q-TOF UPLC-MS and TQ UPLC-MS. The multidiscipline research environment provides unique and outstanding training and collaborating opportunities with clinicians, microbiologist and biologist. The ideal applicants must be self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic to their career development. Candidates will be expected to work independently and contribute to stimulating research programs within the group and school. This is a four-year project and we offer globally competitive salary for this position. This opening will be active until filled.
Key responsibilities include:
- Investigate metabolic reprogramming of HBV infection during different stages of infection
- Identify key targets for management of HBV associated hepatocarcinoma cancer
- Conduct integrated omics analysis
- Exploration plasma biomarkers for the early detection of HBV associated hepatocarcinoma cancer.
- Molecular mechanisms of hepatocarcinoma cancer pathogenesis.
- Gut microbiome and its influence in HBV infection during different stage of infection
- Write grant proposal.
- PhD degree in Ph.D. degree or equivalent within chemistry or biomedical research-related field
- A strong record of peer-reviewed publications is necessary
- Experience in metabolomics with knowledge of common bioinformatic and biostatistical analysis tools
- Experience in HBV infection and cancer biology related research are necessary
- Good communication skills and fast learner
- Self-motivated to drive the project and can work independently
- Able to develop new research program.
Interested applicants are invited to apply now with a detailed resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: LKC