Senior QA Engineer, Wharton Computing and Instructional Technology
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Profile Title
Application Developer Senior
Job Description Summary
The Sr. QA Engineer position is responsible for managing and executing end-to-end quality assurance tests of Wharton Interactive games, platforms, and marketplace integrations.
Wharton Interactive develops innovative platforms, simulations, and games to create new kinds of learning experiences to transform and democratize education. Grounded in research and extensive experience, Wharton Interactive's simulations create active learning opportunities that challenge students to effectively apply theoretical concepts and ultimately own their learning.
The Sr. QA Engineer position is responsible for managing and executing end-to-end quality assurance tests of Wharton Interactive games, platforms, and marketplace integrations. Preferred candidates will be collaborative, continually improving and work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The Sr. QA Engineer should be well versed in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and have experience across the major phases of the SDLC including product requirements, technical design, and testing methodologies.
- Ensure new and existing games, platforms, and marketplace integrations functionality being released are reliable, defect free, and function as documented
- Create, document, verify, and execute end-to-end test plans and test cases
- Work closely with games and platform developers to create test cases, identify, report, and troubleshoot software defects, and execute retesting—verifying problem fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner
- Review requirements specifications and identify gaps and inconsistencies
- Author and execute manual and automated test cases, including accessibility testing
- Develop and report test metrics
- Operate within an agile team, utilizing productivity tools such as the Atlassian stack and Slack
- Bachelor’s degree is required in computer science or a related field
- Preference for Master’s Degree or other relevant coursework/certificate and 3-5 years of experience in IT QA testing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly proficient using Jira with XRay for managing and executing test suites
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, test plans, and debugging is required
- Experience with accessibility testing, load testing, and automated testing
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills to communication with development team
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$59,703.00 - $168,837.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.