Project Officer, Semiconductor Based Chemical Sensors
A Project Officer position is available in the Centre of Micro- and Nanoelectronics (CMNE), School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE).
The world has entered a new and exciting era with many disruptive technologies such as 5G, IoT, AI, robotics and autonomous vehicles. At the same time, it also faces many challenges such as climate change, aging population, and energy and food security. The CMNE from EEE with its large pool of talents of faculty, researchers and postgraduate students, with its superb R&D facilities and capabilities are well-positioned to overcome these new challenges. CMNE aims to perform leading-edge R&D which will greatly advance scientific and technological knowledge in the areas of micro and nanoelectronics to meet these new challenges and demands.
- Work on a project to conduct the research on development of ceramic composite and hybrid electrospun nanofibrous films for gas sensing applications
- Design, fabrication and characterization of different nanofiber structures using electrospinning strategies
- Testing gas sensing performance of the fabricated nanofibrous films using customized in-house gas sensing characterization system
- Perform all administrative tasks related to this project, e.g. procurement and safety assessment
- Write progress reports, present technical results, and prepare article publications in internationally reputed Conferences/Journals
- Assist in formulation of research requirements and direction
- Provide other technical support to the research team
- Possess a Bachelor in Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Materials Science & Engineering/Chemistry/ Physics or related field; background in semiconductor materials and device physics are preferred
- Candidate who has intention to pursue higher education is preferred
- Possess strong hands-on skills and ability to design experiments
- Good communication skills to work and collaborate with other research team members and the ability to work independently to lead/facilitate projects with minimal supervision
- Able to plan, organize well and adhere to deadlines
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU