Research Fellow, Theory of Ultrafast Magnetism and Boltzmann Equation
A Research Fellow position is available in the group of Nanyang Assistant Prof Marco Battiato at the School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences to work on the theory of ultrafast strongly out-of-equilibrium dynamics and ultrafast magnetism.
- Work on the analytic development of extensions to the Boltzmann equations for the study of transport in heterostructures, or for magnetic materials and magnetization dynamics
- Contribute to the implementation of these parts in the code TORTOISE
- Run numerical simulations to characterize the strongly out-of-equilibrium dynamics in magnetic materials
- Develop proposal based on the results of this project for external grant
- Ph.D. degree in either material science or applied physics from well-established universities/institutes
- Highly motivated in multidisciplinary research
- Experience in theoretical ultrafast dynamics, and preferably in ultrafast magnetism and Boltzmann equation
- Good communication and writing skills
- Work independently as well as teamwork
The College of Science seeks a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all and recruit on the basis of merit, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU