Assistant Specialized in the Historiography and Culture of South Caucasian Region
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Assistant specialized in the historiography and culture of South Caucasian region
Department: Seminar of Art History (Center for Early Medieval Studies), Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University
Working hours: 0,4 (16 hours per week)
Expected start date: 1. 2. 2021
Number of open positions: 2
Deadline for applications: December 16, 2020
- Department of Art History, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position of assistant specialized in the historiography and culture of the South Caucasus region (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan) in the Middle Ages; the position is announced for a three-year Lead Agency project: “Cultural Interactions in the Medieval Subcaucasian Region: Historiographical and Art-Historical Perspective”, undertaken at the Center for Early Medieval Studies, Department of Art History.
- The position is offered on a part-time basis of 0.4 (16 hours per week). The successful applicant will take up the position from February 2021 or as soon as possible after that date.
- To carry out research focused on the cultural exchanges in the medieval South Caucasus, based on their historiographical perception and analysis of individual monuments of material culture.
- To publish and present research results (articles, presentations at conferences, lectures for public, etc.).
- To contribute to the research activities of the Centre for Early Medieval Studies.
Requirements for applicants:
- MA degree in Art History
- professional focus on the medieval culture of South Caucasus
- knowledge of the history and cultural and social context of the period
- written and spoken knowledge of English; excellent written and spoken knowledge of Italian, passive knowledge of French and German
- passive knowledge of Russian; knowledge of a Caucasian language is an advantage
- ability to clearly formulate research results
- ability to work in an international and interdisciplinary team
Attachments to the application:
- cover letter
- a structured curriculum vitae with an overview of previous practice
- education certificates (diploma copies)
Application with all required documents should be sent by e-application available below. Electronic application deadline is: December 16, 2020.