Unique opportunity. Influencing the life of the next generations. Making the world better.
We interconnect excellent researchers, teachers, and university students with modern technologies, which help them perform advanced research, invent innovative forms of education and support society as a whole.
Excellent research requires excellent IT infrastructure. We build and operate a large and high-performance national Cloud. Completely software-defined. We are looking for you to join our team.
We are a unique organization combining IT research, operation, and education. We are the Institute of Computer Science at Masaryk University.
- You are a technology enthusiast. You have ideas. You have visions.
- You love to experiment with emerging cutting-edge technologies and bring them to life.
- You, the same as us, focus on automation and innovation every day.
- Learning and knowledge-sharing are great. Your desire to learn inspires others.
- You are an open-minded and friendly person.
This position’s key tasks:
- Design and development of the infrastructure and its use-cases, holding to the vision.
- Communication with research communities and other customers, proactive analysis of their requirements, understanding their needs, and offering/advocating for solutions.
- Continuous improvement – invention and deployment of new components, features, and tools. Intensive automation and leading-edge technology implementation.
- Cooperation with internal and external teams, ensuring knowledge-sharing and also publicity.
- Collaboration on managing operational activities and scheduling project tasks.
Your technical skills:
- Cloud platforms (OpenStack being an advantage)
- Provisioning automation (incl. tooling), service orchestration, IaaC
- Virtualization platforms and technologies, Docker, Kubernetes
- Linux administration, Python and/or Bash scripting
- Networking, possibly software-defined (OVN), monitoring systems
- Eventually, experience with HPC, GPU, and AI
It’s not only about how many of these you already know. We’ll help you.
Our offer = your future:
- This is not an ordinary job, but a mission. Not a routine, but an open way to the future.
- We are an academic institution. You will experience enormous freedom. In both what you do and how you do it.
- You can do more than invent and implement IT – lead, teach students, get involved in inter/national research projects, study, etc. Up to you. We’ll support you.
- Daily cooperation with experienced IT professionals as well as excellent researchers is essential.
- Unique workplace at Masaryk University – meaningful job, your ideas welcomed, autonomy smoothly combined with team spirit, and your work's positive social impact.
- No hard SLAs, partial home office, flexible working hours, friendly atmosphere, no open space, six weeks of vacation, bicycle/car parking, salary range 45 - 70,000 CZK.
Please send your CV and motivation letter by e-application (below) or to firstname.lastname@example.org