Research Assistant, Plant Genomics/Plant Biology
A Research Assistant position is available in the Laboratory of Jarkko Salojarvi at the School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University.
- DNA extraction of plant leaf samples and genomic library preparation of DNA extracts for high-throughput sequencing, including protocol optimization
- In-vitro plant tissue culture
- Other duties related to procurement and reimbursements as assigned by principal investigators (Jun Ying Lim and Jarkko Salojarvi)
- BSc degree in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, or related fields
- Able to work independently and possess good communication skills
- Well-organized and able to work safely in a wet lab
- Prior experience with DNA extraction and genomic library preparation for high-throughput DNA sequencing, and/or in vitro plant tissue culture ideal but training will be provided
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.