Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides the opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU, often regarded as the most research intensive university in Asia. The postdoc appointment is intended to provide a pathway to an academic appointment as an assistant professor or another international postdoctoral assignment.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conduct field work to collect data in in oil palm plantations located in Sabah, Malaysian Borneo
- Conduct lab work to do parasitological analysis through microscopy and molecular diagnostics
- Explore the relationship between rodent community composition and (1) parasite species and prevalence, (2) abundance of prey, and (3) plantation activities.
- Graduated with a PhD degree not more than 5 years at the application date.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Applicant is required to submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.