Research Fellow, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering invites application for a position of Research Fellow.
- Work on a project to conduct the research of band structure calculated by using the DFT, EPM and/or k.p method to design and understand the strained Ge, GeSn and Ge/GeSiSn lasers.
- And/or semiconductor material characterization using PL, PLE and HRXRD.
- PhD in semiconductor physics or material
- 1-year research experience in related area
- Expertise in band structure simulation and/or material characterization
- Knowledge in effective mass theory, the first-principles method and/or material characterization
- Experiences in k.p, EPM, VASP simulation and/or PL, PLE, HRXRD measurement are highly preferred
- Publication track record is an advantage
- Proficiency in basics of programming languages such as Fortran
- Proficiency in English
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.