Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Yeditepe University, seeks a candidate for faculty position at the rank of Assistant/ Associate/Full Professor in Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
The primary missions of the Faculty of Pharmacy are education and research. So, the successful candidate will therefore engage in teaching undergraduate and graduate students and also research facilities.
- Candidates for this position must hold an evidence of teaching in Faculty of Pharmacy, and have PhD in Pharmaceutical or Medicinal Chemistry.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience in English is also required.
- A passion for drug discovery and an excellent understanding of medicinal chemistry concepts
- Greater than 2 years of experience working as a medicinal/computational chemist in structure and ligand-based design, data analysis and property prediction
- Strong oral and written communication skills, team-working and time-management skills
- Applicants should also have a track-record in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level including designing curricula, overseeing courses and supervising student projects
- Experience applying structure- and ligand-based design and data analysis, extracting insight from large proprietary structural biology and SAR data sets, setting and delivering on computational and medicinal chemistry strategies to impact project success at all stages from drug target identification through to preclinical candidate nomination.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment, knowledge of standard laboratory techniques, and understanding of the science underlying the techniques and experiments
- Ability to work independently to organize project teams and establish project technical scope and approach, and manage project design.
- Ability to lead multiple projects to completion including managing project resources
- The successful applicant should have an established record of publishing high-impact papers, and is expected to create a thriving research program including engaging in national and international scientific collaborations.
- Applicants have the opportunity to supervise PhD students and postdocs through academic collaborations, as well as to mentor colleagues.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences
To prevent any delays in reviewing your application, you will need to upload the following materials:
- A cover letter, introducing your candidacy, and explicitly stating both the position and the rank (Assistant, Associate, Full) that the candidate is applying for, is required. The rank must be consistent with the candidate experience.
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae which includes a full publication list
- Statement of research interests
- Statement of teaching interests
- A list of the names/affiliation and contact details of at least four potential referees
- Copies of most relevant publications (Maximum of five)
- Two citation reports (Web of Science and Scopus)