Research Associate, Electrical
Energy Research Institute @ NTU invites applicants for the position of Research Associate
- Responsible for design of power system facilities and equipment and coordinate construction, operation, and maintenance of electric power generating systems in tidal turbine electrical drive trains.
- Apply knowledge of electric utility power systems to assist the team with performing detailed analysis on electric infrastructure and provide solutions in the areas of distributed generation integration, smart grid implementation, and micro grid implementation.
- Experience in electrical schema/architecture designs including layout, assembly, testing and troubleshooting.
- Possess a Master degree in Electrical/Power engineering or any related or advanced degree preferred.
- Good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink modelling, control system design and PLC programming
- A hands-on attitude towards Electrical machines like Generators, Motors and other relevant devices
- Identifying and purchasing the necessary electrical drive train equipment for integration within tidal turbine system.
- Knowledge on Field Instruments, computers, operating systems, and network is required.
- A hands-on attitude is necessary to be successful in this job