Research Fellow, Mechanical/Materials/Computational Sciences
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
The Research Fellow will work on a project to conduct the research on computational mechanics and/or multiphysics modelling of (soft) materials especially enhanced by machine learning.
- PhD in Mechanical/ Materials/ Computational Sciences or related fields
- Strong background in computational physics or solid/fluid mechanics, machine learning and modelling of materials
- Analytical and independent problem solving skill and ability to develop theoretical models and implement numerical computation
- Experience in developing source codes (Python and/or Fortran) and in use with (V)UMAT for software package ABAQUS as well as SCIKIT-LEARN, TENSORFLOW
- Good publication track record is an advantage
- Proficiency in English especially in oral communication and technical writing
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.