Job Profile Teaching - Mentor
Contract Type Permanent
BPP Apprenticeship School is recruiting for a Coaching Mentor to support Coaching Professional Apprentices within the school. We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced Coaches to bring high quality support and nurture and develop the talent of new and aspiring Coaches. The overall purpose of the role is to support each Coaching apprentice to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
You will be responsible for the on programme Coaching and Marking of apprenticeship programmes. This will include coaching and provision of high quality support, guidance and feedback for all apprentices.
- Provide a structured and appropriate development journey for the apprentices enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Ensure monthly performance update on learners and progress reviews with learners and line managers
- Work collaboratively with client services, line managers and apprenticeship support
- Provide feedback to the apprentice on their progress against knowledge skills and behaviours relevant to their standards
- Communicate effectively with learners via the VLE and other appropriate tools and actively encourage learner engagement with their programmes using resources available
- Provide academic (both pre-submission via advise on continuous development of learner e-portfolio's and post-submission) and safeguarding support to learners
- Contribute towards learner gateway reviews and support and guide them through the end point assessment phase to ensure target retention and completion rates for Apprenticeships are met.
Department Professional Apprenticeships - Apprenticeship School
Location UK, Home Based, Home Based
- Professional Coaching Qualification and/or Accreditation from The European Mentoring and Coaching Council or The Association for Coaching or The International Coach Federation
- Appropriate Coaching experience/qualifications
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Apprenticeship understanding and knowledge
- Relationship building skills and ability
- Ability to provide appropriate feedback to students against apprenticeship standard
- Ability to hold professional and developmental review meetings with apprentices and line managers
- Organisational skills
- Time management skills
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
Development Opportunities The Apprenticeship School has a range of developmental and progression opportunities available to our team members.
Employment Details Contract Hours 37.50