Director (Institute of Contemporary Arts Singapore)
LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. It has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
DIRECTOR (INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ARTS SINGAPORE)
Reporting to the Vice-President (Strategic Developments), the Director will be responsible for the artistic vision, leadership and management of the Institute of Contemporary Arts Singapore (ICAS), the curatorial division of LASALLE, to develop and curate a dynamic mix of multi-disciplinary exhibitions and public programmes, and to manage the day-to-day operations of the galleries.
Key responsibilities include to lead, support and curate creative works by established artists as well as LASALLE students and staff, and to spearhead the development and promotion of contemporary arts in Asia. Other responsibilities include to raise the public profile of ICAS; to work closely with academic colleagues and contribute to the education and research culture of the College including through the organisation of artists’ talks and symposia, and the publication of catalogues and research books/articles; and to work with external organisations and government agencies to leverage additional funding and support for new ICAS initiatives.
- PhD or Master degree in Contemporary Art, Art History, Art Theory, Curatorial Studies or other relevant fields.
- 15 years of experience in exhibition management including programming, curation, collection, acquisition, education, finance, administration, marketing and sponsorship.
- Strong empathy towards the Asian and global arts scene, arts education, research and writing in contemporary arts.
- Wide range of professional associations and networks locally and internationally.
- Experience in personnel and fiscal management in gallery and academic contexts preferred.
- Oversight and management of contractual arrangements for projects and exhibitions is desirable.
- Experience in successfully applying for arts and/or commercial funding to support projects or exhibitions.
- Experience in coordinating and writing publications including catalogues and research articles/books.
- Experience in promoting exhibitions and events through effective marketing, press liaison and PR.
- Acknowledged expertise across a range of practices, disciplines and media in Contemporary Arts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic thinking, and effective problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Able to work across a range of arts and media forms, and with multi-disciplinary artists.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary, by e-mail to: email@example.com or in writing (stating clearly the position applied for on the envelope) to:
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 18 December 2020 OR until position is filled.
More information on the Institution can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Apply for Director (Institute of Contemporary Arts Singapore)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly