Research Assistant, Level ARA
7 days left
- Part Time
- Based in UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance in the Department of Rural Health, Mount Barker
- Part-time (0.8FTE), fixed term contract until 31 December 2021
- Salary range: $70,618 - $95,253 pro rata per annum (plus superannuation)
About the Role
As a member of the Department of Rural Health (DRH) team, you will provide research support to the Associate Research Professor / Project Director: Department of Rural Health and will undertake research related tasks that contribute to the team’s research plan as part of the Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training (RHMT) Program.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Undertake systematic and scoping reviews including title abstract screening, full text reviews, literature views, and data extraction
- Conduct interviews and/or focus groups with research participants including via face-to-face, telephone and email
- Record and manage research data and undertake data analysis in either STATA, R or SAS
- Draft ethics and grant applications
- Assist in the preparation of research findings and support the research team to disseminate these to key stakeholders
Essential Skills and Experience
- A relevant degree in health, human services or life sciences and relevant research experience in a health related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking systematic and scoping reviews
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a diverse research team
- Well-developed written communication skills demonstrated through research reports and publications
- High level organisational ability and computer literacy skills
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jade Windsor, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2655.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Thursday 3 December 2020
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment
Pursuant to the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (the Act) and the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019 (the Regulations), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.