Research Associate, Geological/Environmental Sciences
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) invites applications for the position of Research Associate who will work with Assistant Professor Aron Meltzner’s research group.
- Assist with surveying, UAV drone flying, sample collection, sample processing, snorkeling, digging, carrying of equipment and working in paleoseismic trenches
- Analyze and interpret coral microatoll data
- Reconstruct relative sea-level histories from microatolls
- Assist with processing satellite and drone imagery, and with spatial analysis of data collected
- Train new Research Fellows (RF) and PhD students that join the group from time to time
- Arrange logistics and handle administrative requirements associated with overseas field work
- Assist with procurement of equipment and supplies
- Assist with obtaining research permits
- Writing and submitting of annual reports
- Participate in the preparation of presentations for conferences and of manuscripts for publication
- Master’s degree in geological or environmental sciences or a similar field, and research experience working with coral microatolls for sea-level or paleoseismic studies.
- Extensive field experience in geological or environmental sciences, including field surveying and working in coastal environments
- Proficiency in Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe® Illustrator®, Microsoft® Excel®; and experience with MATLAB® and Agisoft Metashape
- Be able to swim, as this will be essential when working in the field
- Experience doing field work in remote parts of both Malaysia and the Philippines will be advantageous
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.