Research Assistant, Grant
Applications are invited for the post of Research Assistant to join the research group of The Mutaba’ah Study, Institute of Public Health, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University. The successful candidate will work as Data Manager and must have a thorough and proven understanding of the principles of data management and administration. The candidate will be responsible for determining, evaluating, and managing techniques for quality data collection, and clinical database design and development for possible secure remote data accessibility. The candidate will be also responsible for monitoring, administering, ensuring consistency and integrity, reporting and auditing of databases/banks/repositories for the Mutaba’ah Study. Contract is for one year, renewable provided the availability of fund and good performance of the Research Assistant.
Advanced education in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field along with relevant experience in database design and development, database administration, and database front-end design and development. Experience with cloud data management and epidemiological or health-related research is recommended.
- Database design and development skills, excellent analytical thinking and excel in the world of numbers, records and raw data.
- Excellent programming skills in Python/ Java/ C#/ .Net and SQL.
- Skills in Stata/SAS/R will be an advantage.
- Experience in web development (with database backend) is recommended.
- Problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Awareness of cultural, privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Research experiences in health fields and knowledge of medical terminologies are preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted
Division Zayed Bin Sultan Cntr.For Health Sc
Department Zayed Bin Sultan Cntr.For Health Sc
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 0 to 0 AED