5 days left
- Full Time
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 08 December 2020
Summary of Position
Finance Assistant will undertake cashier’s role at the Central Administration Office of the University of Central Asia.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Effectively maintain the main cashbook at Central Administration Office;
- Undertake a cash count and balance the cashbook on daily basis;
- Insure effective processing of all bank and cash payments while ensuring the adherence to the financial policies and procedures and in accordance with the UCA authority matrix;
- Keep track of cash balances and ensuring the adequate level of cash balance for payments;
- Prepare bank payment orders and cheques in accordance with the approvals and coordinate the signing of the payment orders/cheques with the authorized bank signatories;
- Keep a systematic track of all payments vis-a-vis due dates and actual payment dates and ensure timely intimation to relevant parties;
- Keep track of incoming funds and collect incoming funds confirmation from bank on a daily basis;
- Maintain and update the history of currency conversion rates for the relevant currencies on a daily basis
- Keep track of bank balance status on a daily basis including projected payment for the day and prepare conversion orders for payments;
- Reconcile bank balances in the bank statement with the information in the financial system at the end of each month;
- Coordinate with the person responsible for the Operations, Construction, Payroll and Campuses for reconciling reports and providing relevant input;
- Effectively participate in the implementation of the SAP System (Systems, Applications and Products) at the UCA.
- Assist other team members of the UCA finance as per need;
Minimum Qualifications and Relevant Experience
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of the education/experience in the field of Finance and Accounting
- International qualification such as CAP/CIPA is an advance
- 1-3 years of experience in a related role with experience in NGO
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in both written and oral English and Russian is required.
- Working knowledge of Kyrgyz would be an asset.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 08 December 2020. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Finance Assistant”. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.