Course Leader Design
6 days left
- Full Time
The National Institute of Dramatic Art is Australia’s premier training ground for future leaders and practitioners in the performing arts. NIDA’s vision is to ensure that the next generation of creative leaders are enabled and empowered to tell powerful stories on existing and yet to be imagined creative platforms. A destination for inspiring and innovative thought leadership, NIDA provides leading edge education through globally relevant, practice-based learning experiences.
NIDA is committed to building a diverse community of staff and students and strongly encouragesAboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.
NIDA is seeking its new Course Leader Design. NIDA Design Alumni have an impressive track record in the performing and screen industries after graduating from NIDA’s Design for Performance Bachelors and Masters courses. They have won 4 Academy Awards, 4Emmys, 10 AACTAs, 19Helpmann Awards, 2 Golden Globes, 8 BAFTAs, 1 Tony, 22 Greenroom Awards, 21 Sydney Theatre Awards and 37 APDGs.
We are now seeking a Course Leader Design to manage the delivery of high quality practice-based Design for Performance programs and to contribute to the ongoing reshaping and development of the program and curricula with the view to extend and diversify design practices.
Reporting to the Director Learning and Innovation, you will provide artistic, academic, people and financial leadership of the design programs, and work collaboratively and agilely with the NIDA team. You will have a demonstrated expertise in design and understanding of practice-led learning, be able to think agilely and innovatively, and have experience in leading staff and students through collaborative learning.
Key focus areas are:
- Provide inspirational academic leadership to staff and students and overall management of the Design department.
- Coordinate and deliver high quality practice-based Design programs (Stage, Screen and Emerging Media) and curricula at NIDA.
- Develop and drive creative and technological innovation in design practices that learn from and inform industry practices.
For further information about the role please download the position profile.
We want to hear from you if youhave:
- Demonstrate extensive professional experience and recognised achievement as a design practitioner across live performance, screen and/or new media
- Demonstrated expertise in contemporary pedagogical concepts and processes for performing arts training and education, including experience in establishing and implementing artistic and technical progression
- Demonstrated experience in course design and review and implementation
- Strong people management skills and experience
- Commitment to increasing diversity within Design
- Go to https://www.nida.edu.au/about-nida/careers-at-nida/current-vacancies/course-leader-design
- Send us:
- A brief cover letter that demonstrates your understanding of and capacity to undertake the role.
- Your CV including two referees who can comment on your professional experience.
- 5pm, 30 November 2020
- Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Maria Duca at email@example.com.
NIDA is seeking a Course Leader Design to provide inspirational academic leadership to staff and students of the Design department and develop and drive creative and technological innovation in design practices.
For further information visit https://www.nida.edu.au/about-nida/careers-at-nida/current-vacancies/course-leader-design