Online Lecturer, Information Technology and Data Analytics, Teaching Academic Level B
- Based in UniSA Online located at City West campus
- Multiple full-time/part-time (negotiable), fixed term contracts until 31 December 2023
- Salary range: $100,184 - $118,665 pro rata per annum (plus superannuation)
About the Role
The Online Course Facilitator will work with academic staff within Academic Units to support the development and delivery of curriculum for new online programs.
Key responsibilities include applying professional/discipline-related expertise to deliver high-quality online teaching to undergraduate students, contributing to the digital transformation of courses, and coordination and day-to-day management of online tutoring staff.
We are currently recruiting Online Course Facilitators to teach first, second and third-year courses in the Bachelor of Information Technology & Data Analytics.
Critical to the success of the roles will be establishing strong partnerships with stakeholders across the University to ensure that UniSA Online identifies and responds to strategic opportunities, and effectively leading and mentoring academic staff within the teaching team.
About UniSA Online
UniSA Online is a key initiative for the University, with the establishment of a suite of online degrees incorporating new approaches to program design, delivery and student support. The UniSA Online unit delivers high quality, supportive, flexible and interactive online education for students, and embodies the corporate values of innovation, client service and academic excellence.
- Contribute to the design, development and teaching of course curricula
- Teach, coordinate moderation of assessment activities, learning support and evaluation
- Undertake course coordination activities and provide leadership to other academic staff
- Assist with recruitment and development of induction and training procedures
- Provide academic support, mentoring and advice to students
Essential Skills and Experience
- A doctoral qualification or postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Teaching experience and discipline expertise in Information Technology and Data Analytics
- Passion for and proficiency in undertaking teaching duties
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of education technologies
- Demonstrated competence in using information systems that support online learning and course administration
- Experience in using a range of contemporary teaching methodologies
- High level written and oral communication skills and an ability to build a positive team culture
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics/data science is highly desirable
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary negotiated under the Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Flexible working conditions
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address. Please address your cover letter to Georgie Hart, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 2621.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 30 November 2020
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.