Associate Professor in Computer Networks and Systems
The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics MU invites applications for a position of Associate Professor in Computer Networks and Systems, within the Department of Computer Systems and Communications.
Job description key points
- Involvement in teaching in the area of Computer Networks and eventually Computer Systems
- Supervision of Master/Bachelor theses and consultancy or co-supervision or supervision of PhD students
- Active involvement in or leadership of research activities
- Active international cooperation, in both research and education
- Involvement in industrial cooperation in the area of computer networks and systems
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Informatics or related discipline
- Passion for problem solving and desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills
- Existing track record in both education and research in the IT areas related to computer networks, systems and communications
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the areas covered by courses
- Dynamic, flexible personality, able to work well in teams
- Experience with research or development project team leadership
- Languages – fluent English (both spoken and written), other language(s) welcome
- Experience from other countries than Czech & Slovak republics (at least half a year) or proof of other extensive international experience (e.g., international project leadership)
Desired skills and achievements
- Experience with research project team leadership is an advantage
- Experience with research achievements published at the high quality conferences or journals
- Ability to work well in interdisciplinary and international teams
- Successfully defended Bachelor and/or Master theses supervised
- Open-source software projects development and maintenance
- The starting salary for this Associate Professor position is 109,000 CZK, and with the progress in this tenure-track position can in no more than 3 years be modified based on the level of involvement in research and educational projects.
- Candidates at an earlier career stage or with skills shortages may be offered an Assistant Professor position. The starting monthly salary for this position is 80,000 CZK.
Applicants should submit
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the IT area;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application at https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/59435. In case this way of submission would not be possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for the such submission.
Any queries re. the submission shall be sent to: email@example.com.
Queries re. the position as such can be addressed to Associate Prof. Eva Hladka.