Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Professor David Becker.
We are currently recruiting a research assistant who will join the laboratory of Professor David Becker at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU). We are among the founding members of LKC medicine. Our lab in the brand new Clinical Sciences Building, located in the heart of Singapore. Our research focuses on tissue repair and factors such as bacterial infection that can make it fail, resulting in chronic wounds, which are a serious problem in Singapore. Our aim is to identify new therapeutics for the treatment of such conditions.
We will provide exciting opportunities and vibrant atmospheres as well as state-of-art core facilities. Excited and motivated individuals are all encouraged to apply.
For more information, please visit:
- Assist purchasing of equipment, materials and consumables and provide general support for the lab.
- Perform experiments, document results, and analyse data.
- Perform high throughput screens
- Keep track of cell lines, plasmids and other reagents and materials in the lab.
- Attend lab meetings on weekly basis.
Skills and qualifications:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any relevant field of cell biology, biochemistry, or other life sciences.
- Applicants should have at least 1 year of previous research experience or laboratory training.
- Applicants who have an extensive record of laboratory management in other schools and institutes are encouraged to apply.
- Self-motivated and well-organized with good communication and technical skills.
- Be able to work independently and collaborate effectively in a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team.
- Prior knowledge in live cell imaging and cell biology is preferred. Experimental skills in molecular biology, biochemistry or light microscopy will be adding an advantage.