Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides the opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU, often regarded as the most research intensive university in Asia. The postdoc appointment is intended to provide a pathway to an academic appointment as an assistant professor or another international postdoctoral assignment.
The successful applicant will do independent research in this project with following research aims:
- Literary historical study of late nineteenth-century fiction and its readers, producing new knowledge about key genres and their reception
- Ethical criticism of virtual experiences, drawing interpretations from how thinkers and readers in the past have conceptualised the morality of immersive narrative media
- Public engagement and impact, raising the profile of virtuality as a historical, literary, and humanistic subject of study
- Graduated with a PhD degree not more than 5 years at the application date.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader
- Applicant is required to submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.