Research Fellow, Risk Analysis
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) is seeking a Research Fellow to join the Singapore Government funded South East Asia SEA-level (SEA2) program. This is an international, multi-institutional and trans-disciplinary program that will push scientific frontiers to observe, reconstruct and model the regional processes of sea level from instrumental and proxy data, and estimate potential impacts on coastal communities in South-East Asia.
- Produce risk-based flood impact projections, in particular multi-scale models of exposure, vulnerability and risk of coastal regions in the South-East Asia region
- Coordinate the data-collection (i.e. remote-sensing and field-based data as needed) and code-development for risk analysis of select coastal cities in South-East Asia
- Develop and maintain well-documented code-repository and database accessible to other lab members
- Assist with planning and coordination of collaborative workshops
- Write regular internal reports, and external communications
- Regularly liaise with project collaborators to ensure effective collaboration
- Ph.D. in Earth science, natural hazards, computational modelling, or a related field
- Strong expertise in mathematical or statistical modeling and application to resilience / reliability analysis of urban systems
- Extensive experience with programing / coding for scientific studies
- Experience with probabilistic flood data and modeling
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Experience working across disciplinary boundaries is be a plus
- Experience supervising or mentoring junior researchers is a plus
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.