Research Associate, Civil Engineering
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering invites applications for our Research Associate position.
The RA will work on a project to conduct the research on development of bendable concrete with reduced cost and lower carbon footprint. The roles of this position include:
- Identify sources and ingredients that contribute to the high cost and carbon footprint in the current bendable concrete
- Source potential replacement of those ingredients
- Tailor component by means of micromechanics-based model
- Validate the performance of new bendable concrete
- Master degree (with research experience and thesis) in Civil Engineering
- 2-year research experience in related area
- Knowledge on advanced concrete technology
- Knowledge on material characterization techniques
- Publication track record is an advantage
- Proficiency in English
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.