Research Fellow, Paleo Sea-Level
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) is seeking Research Fellow position to join the Singapore Government funded South East Asia SEA-level (SEA2) program. This is an international, multi-institutional and trans-disciplinary program that will push scientific frontiers to observe, reconstruct and model the regional processes of sea level from instrumental and proxy data.
- Leading a research project in paleo sea level, in particular reconstructing changes in sea level and land level at multiple time scales over the Holocene, using geological proxy data
- Write manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals based on these findings
- Work collaboratively and interactively with the SEA2 team
- Help oversee student research on related projects
- Ph.D. in Earth science, environmental science, geology, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of field-based research experience in geological and/or environmental sciences
- Strong expertise in using one or more geological proxies (foraminifera, salt marsh taxa, mangroves, sessile organisms, coral microatolls, etc.) to reconstruct past relative sea level
- Demonstrable understanding of potential impacts of tectonics and/or glacial isostatic adjustment on relative sea level would be advantageous
- Proficiency in Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe® Illustrator®, ArcGIS, and MATLAB® would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for collaborative research, including helping to train students
- Strong record of publication in related topics, including first-author papers published in peer-reviewed journals (at least one of these papers should be in an English-language journal)
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.