Research Associate, Economics
A Research Associate position is currently available in the School of Social Sciences.
- Literature review on central bank digital currencies, monetary policies, and assets and labor markets
- Write codes in Matlab and R- and similar software to build dynamic stochastic general equilibrium (DSGE) models and to analyze the data
- Collect data from databases such as Datastream-Thompson-Reuters, Bloomberg, CEIC database, International Financial Statistics, World Economic Indicators etc.., clean and merge the data
- Supervise masters and undergraduate students who will help with the codes and the data collection
- Run model simulations and calculate welfare from the model.
- Write up the model specifications
- Tabulate the results from the simulation, parameter and welfare estimates and the data analyses
- A Master’s degree in Economics or related fields with strong quantitative skills
- Good academic record from reputable university
- Proficient in programming language Matlab and R and mathematical modelling, numerical simulation and statistical analyses
- Excellent command of oral and writing skills
We regret to inform only shortlisted candidates will be notified.