Regulatory Data Reporting Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Job Profile Marketing - Analytics
Contract Type Permanent
Responsible for the effective delivery of BPP Regulatory Reporting and use of insight to improve quality and KPI’s within business.
BPP is governed by numerous regulatory bodies who ensure all education providers operate consistently and within the same compliance tolerances which in regards to our University controls University Status and degree awarding powers.
The emphasis on using data to evidence compliance of regulations is how the regulatory bodies operate, rather than reliance on lengthy word driven published reports.
BPP must therefore supply annual reporting to various bodies that ultimately report up to the Office for Students (OfS) who work with the Department for Education (DfE). Reporting over the academic year, reports are produced detailing all information requested, which can cover information on: volume of students studying, courses being studied, attainment and achievement statistics, continuation and non-continuation rates, financial performance by course, Ethnicity and Diversity compliance, location of study and previous academic qualifications which is a short list of the hundreds of pieces of data that is requested from us.
This role is responsible to report not only to Regulatory Bodies but also to provide internal performance dashboards that are used to monitor the health of BPP and act as information provision to allow tutors, coaches, management teams and Deans to make real time data driven decisions.
The role requires strong operational management skills, the ability to manage effectively multiple projects and reporting requests at any one time but to also have the necessary data insight and analytics background so the reporting that is produced is fully understood by you and can be driven in a strategic direction fitting the needs of the ever-changing business.
You will need excellent relationship building skills working with colleagues in both academic departments and in professional services, enabling them to make the most of available data, improve data quality and make evidence-based decisions. A key relationship will be working with IT to source the correct data by mapping out data sources writing technical requirements and completing UAT.
The Regulatory Reporting team sits within the Business Reporting function. Whilst having a close working relationship with other departments within the business, our goal as a reporting insight team is to champion the use of data, reports and insight to build a deep understanding of our business, customers and market.
Using the reports and insight to improve performance and create a competitive advantage for the business. Regulatory reporting is a key component of this journey.
- Ensure that all Reports are delivered on-time and within scope
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Manage the relationship with the team and all stakeholders
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Understand and translate regulatory requirements to build and develop reports in conjunction with Academic Quality Director
- Develop an understanding of BPP systems and data that can be utilised for accurate reporting
- Make pro-active recommendations on the best way to structure reports and visualise the data to ensure users find them accessible whist achieving the requirements.
- A vision to build scalable, reusable real time reporting from the foundations that have been created so far
- Translate and communicate regulatory reports into insight that can drive change at BPP to improve regulatory KPIs
- Manage the analysts within the regulatory reporting team to deliver to goals and objectives as well as develop their skills and a personal development plan.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
Department Marketing - Customer Insight
Location UK, North West, Manchester St James's
- Excellent internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Proven working experience in a project management environment
- A degree in the following subjects is beneficial: Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or proven relevant work experience
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Reporting results back to the relevant members of the business
- Experience in working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & XML
- Experience in building reports in Power BI and analysis of data within SAS or SQL (or similar tools)
- Experience working within the Educational regulatory reporting sector (HESA or Ofsted desirable)
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Risk management
- Critical Thinking
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with the drive to succeed.
- Committed to continuous self-development and learning
- Ability to analyse large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Accurate, persistent with excellent attention to detail.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description