Marketing and Communications Specialist I
The Communications Specialist is responsible for leading and supporting the implementation of the UAEU Science & Innovation Park’s (SIP’s) rebrand and communication mandate in line with the strategic objectives of UAEU-SIP and UAEU. s/he will be responsible also for all aspects of marketing and communications for customer/partner acquisition, engagement and retention, as well as brand building. s/he will be also developing and implementing the internal and external communications of a mega project which is the UAEU Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai. s/he will work directly with UAEU SIP and Expo Pavilion senior leadership.The desired candidate should be a creative thinker, a team player, flexible, task oriented and have the ability to multi-task and must be able to create engaging and persuasive communications across all channels.
SCOPE OF WORK
- UAEU SIP
- Oversee the UAEU SIP’s rebrand exercise and assist in the execution of the newly proposed communications strategy
- Drive the integrated marketing and communications plan across UAEU SIP’s programmes, working with the various programme heads to plan, develop and execute demand generation activities to meet business goals
- Liaise with University related departments and other internal stakeholders to generate related approval, feedback and inputs when needed
- Lead the planning and production of content across owned and paid media to drive traffic, engagement, leads – this includes social media, website, email, search
- Support the development, promotion and organisation of UAEU SIP seminars and events
- Provide creative, editorial and operational support for communications projects, including annual reports and briefing notes
- Manage external communications with stakeholders and media communications with press to maintain good public relations and corporate image
- Plan and execute events with focus on strategic customer engagement and partnerships, brand awareness and pipeline contribution
- Maintain public image of UAEU SIP by ensuring good community interactions
- Track, monitor and report on marketing metrics
- General admin duties as required and any other related tasks
- University of the future pavilion at Expo 2020
- Prepare and execute a communications strategy for the UAEU Pavilion at Expo 2020 and the planned programs before and during and post the event
- Prepare and manage the marketing budget for the UAEU Pavilion at Expo 2020
- Oversee the branding and marketing collateral for the event
- Liaise with partners to enhance communication efforts
- Lead and manage the World Market Initiative
- Develop content for offline and online channels and manage the website development
- Manage the campaign schedule, monitoring activity, and delivering campaign reports for senior management
- Conceive, create and execute innovative traditional, digital and social media marketing campaigns to increase awareness and engagement
- Create and execute innovative events to engage the UAEU and wider community in UAEU’s involvement at Expo 2020
- Work closely with agencies, copywriters, printers, and internal and external designers to implement campaigns, materials and activities
- Source merchandise items to be sold at the evento Liaise with UAEU stakeholders with regards to the UAEU Pavilion
- Liaise with external stakeholders with regards to the UAEU Pavilion, including Expo 2020 team, media, and external partners
- Work with the university/colleges champions to promote our participation at Expo and to engage the internal and external community before and during Expo
- Assist the lead in the tasks related to the volunteers and recruit and guide interns to support where needed.
- Assist the Partnerships and Communications Manager and Pavilion Executive Director
- Facilitate implementation of the impact assessment strategy and reporting
- Liaise with the Operations Manager, Exhibition Director, Finance Officer and Administrative Assistant
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications or a related field.
- Proficient in the English language. Arabic is desirable.
- Experience with both the strategy and execution of marketing campaigns.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to take smart risks and innovate on marketing tactics.
- An entrepreneurial spirit; a self-starter who is collaborative, hands-on and thrives in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience in digital marketing and managing social media channels is essential.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience, ideally with a combination of marketing and/or communications, event planning and management, business development.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division UAEU Science & Innovation Park
Department UAEU Science & Innovation Park
Job Close Date 30-11-2020
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED