Research Associate, Protein Chemistry
A Research Associate position is available in the Laboratory of Associate Professor Liu Chuan Fa at the School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University.
- Design, prepare and characterize peptide, protein and antibody molecules for site-specific modification and study the structural and functional effects of the modifications
- Write research reports and papers for administrative requirement and publication
- Help in administrative and logistical upkeep pertaining to laboratory operations
- Help supervise student interns and junior staff members
- MSc degree in Molecular & Cell Biology or related fields
- Prior lab experience in molecular biology, protein biochemistry and immunohistochemistry
- At least 4-5 years of academic/industrial research experience
- Strong analytical skills with extensive knowledge and experience in DNA cloning and protein expression, analysis and purification and cell culture techniques including various chromatography/microscopy techniques
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong teamwork/collaboration spirits
- The College of Science seeks a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all and recruit on the basis of merit, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.