Special Scientist, Department of Architecture
Title: Special Scientist
No. of Position(s): Two (2)
Category: 3 Years Contract
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
Application Deadline: 16/12/2020 17:00 Europe/Nicosia
Offer Starting Date: 01/06/2021 INFORMATION: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/575578
The Department of Architecture, at the University of Cyprus, announces two (2) vacancies for a full time Special Scientist position.
The skills are specific for each ESR position, and they may include some of the following:
- Experience with building energy simulation tools and knowledge of some of the leading certificates for sustainable buildings
- Experience with BIM software and digital fabrication technologies
- Excellent written, verbal and visual representation skills.
The requirements are specific for each ESR position, and they may include some of the following:
- Professional degree in Architecture, Urban Planning or related fields to housing development in particular and the built environment in general.
- Masters’ degree in Architecture, Urban Planning, Housing Studies, or equivalent
- Professional experience in housing design and construction is desirable
- Knowledge of social sciences and/or political sciences
- Professional experience in community-based methods and participatory design strategies for local development is desirable
- Professional experience in housing design and construction with industrialized procedures is desirable
- Demonstrable awareness of industry and academic debates around the social value of housing
- Knowledge of planning policy and development is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English (level C1, C2), oral and writing
- Knowledge of other languages, in particular of the official language of the host institution, is desirable.
REQUIRED RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
The research experience is specific for each ESR position, and it may include some of the following:
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for research methodolgoy and methods in urban planning and architecture
- Experience with social research methods
- Experience with mapping tools, qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, Stata, R, ATLAS.ti, etc.)
- Experience with research on affordability and/ or international comparative research is desirable
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie programme offers highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions which include:
- a living allowance (3270 Euros per month, for Cyprus)
- a monthly mobility allowance (600 Euros per month)
- a family allowance (if applicable, 500 Euros per month)
The living allowance is a gross EU contribution to the salary costs of the full-time researcher. The family allowance is an estimated average that will be adapted to the specific conditions of the hired researcher. All three subsidies are subject to the deduction of compulsory social security contributions and income taxes in accordance with the regulations applicable in the country of the host institution. Enrolment fees in the PhD programme of the host institution will be covered by the programme during the 36-month period.
*A country correction coefficient applies to the living allowance. This coefficient is the one applicable to the country of the beneficiary. To ensure equal treatment and purchasing power parity, this amount is adjusted through the application of a correction coefficient based on the country in which you have been recruited.
Interested candidates should visit the project website (www.re-dwell.eu) to get more information about each ESR position, and to access the application forms.
For more information please contact: Charalambous.email@example.com
Apply for Special Scientist, Department of Architecture
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly