Senior Lecturer/Lecturer, Department of Educational Psychology
1 day left
- Full Time
UP Posting - Academic
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
SENIOR LECTURER / LECTURER (ONE POST) (ONE YEAR CONTRACT - 1 JANUARY 2021 TO 31 DECEMBER 2021)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching, curriculum development and co-ordinating programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- Supervising postgraduate research appropriate to the post level;
- Supervising practical work in professional training programmes in Educational Psychology;
- Conducting research at a competitive level, commensurate to the level of appointment and actively contributing to the Department’s research profile;
- Performing various academic and administrative duties as determined by the Head of Department;
- Participating in the Department’s strategic initiatives relating to teaching, research and community engagement.
- A Master’s degree in Educational Psychology or Learning Support Guidance and Counselling;
- Evidence of teaching experience;
- Evidence of at least one publication in an accredited journal.
- A Doctorate in Psychology or Educational Psychology;
- At least three years’ experience in tertiary education;
- Evidence of at least five publications in accredited journals or an average of one article per year for the previous three years (or equivalent units);
- A record of accomplishment of postgraduate research supervision, commensurate to the post level;
- Conference papers delivered;
- Community engagement in a related field;
- Academic Administration;
- Participation in departmental committees.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Ability to lecture in focal areas of educational psychology (e.g. family-oriented intervention, therapeutic intervention, psychological assessment, group therapy, research methods, neuropsychology, research methodology, learning disabilities, theories of learning, career theories and assessment and theories of development);
- Transformational in outlook;
- Student-centred in approach.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Community engagement in a related field.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
- For application to Senior Lecturer a teaching portfolio would be required.
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Ms Mandy Moropa, Tel: (012) 420 2966 for application-related enquiries, and Prof Ruth Mampane, Tel: (012) 420 2339 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 28 February 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.