Research Fellow, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Fellow (Digital Pedagogist) in the Centre for Population Health Sciences (A/Prof Josip Car).
We are currently recruiting a Research Fellow who will join the Centre for Population Health Sciences at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
The Centre’s focus areas of research include population health, digital health, mHealth, digital education, and health services and outcomes research.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Director of the Centre for Population Health Sciences, A/Prof Josip Car, responsibilities include:
- Applies current and developing pedagogical/andragogical theory into digital education applications development
- Work with content /subject specialists for delivery of curriculum outcomes
- Drive development of a research framework to define learner profiles including cultural differences and learning needs using social science perspectives
- Craft systems of feedback to measure efficacy of digital learning
- Advance digital content development methods through evidenced-based research
- Deliver educational content through digital platforms and tools (e.g. quizzes, games, etc) for delivery of mobile digital health education outcomes
- Preparation of research deliverables including writing progress/final reports and drafting manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Participating in research seminars and regular team meetings and discussions.
In addition, the selected candidate will undertake ad-hoc assignments or projects where required, as assigned by the Centre Director.
Skills and qualifications:
- Doctoral degree in instructional design, education, communication or related discipline (e.g. social sciences, humanities, digital health) with demonstrated capability in qualitative research, is required.
- Adept in use of educational technology, with competencies in related skills such as gamification, digital learning, health education is a strong advantage.
- Project management skills to meet deliverable timelines and quality standards.
- Highly motivated, meticulous and well organized.
- Creative and proactively proposing new initiatives/possibilities.
- Able to work independently and collaborate effectively in a highly diverse, multi-cultural and interdisciplinary team.
- Adaptable and willing to enter into deep learning in new areas.
- Fluent in written and spoken English with good communication skills.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply by submitting your cover letter, CV (including list of publications), and expected salary via the “Apply Now” link below.
Only full applications will be considered, and shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.