Senior Support Technician
Salary: From £28,331 per annum
Please note, this post is permanent, full time at 37 hours a week
Closing Date: Sunday 29 November 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 10 December 2020
The ICT department has a vacancy for a Senior Support Technician to replace one of its existing roles, within the AV & Operations team.
The post holder is expected to have a good understanding across a broad range of ICT disciplines and will actively contribute to the day-to-day delivery and support of a broad range of ICT Services to University users. As a Senior Support Technician, you will be able to demonstrate how to share knowledge, mentor colleagues, work as a technical project lead and also have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Providing an excellent experience for both staff and students, the role holder will work closely with the Service Desk and a number of service-specific areas within ICT to rollout, maintain and resolve issues, and support users in the use of a very wide-ranging and exciting set of ICT services.
This team is responsible for the smooth running of all ICT operations and contributes to ongoing continual service improvement.
Key Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of Apple technologies, designing and running central policy management for Apple devices including MDM.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and BASH/ZSH programming language for controlling Apple devices.
- Ability to create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff/students in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Understanding enterprise integration between Apple, CISCO network and Windows (including Hyper-V, Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy Configuration, e-mail configuration) supported by the Infrastructure team.
- Previous experience and knowledge of configuring, assisting with various OS and client software and configuring networked appliances including Audiovisual technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills, customer focus and maintaining good working relationships.
- Experience of engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the University including third party suppliers, manufacturers, and external visitors.
This position does not fulfil the UK Visas & Immigration sponsorship criteria for Tier 2.