Lecturer, Public Health
- Continuing, Full-Time
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Cairns
- Total Remuneration $118,983 to $141,297 pa
- Inclusive of cash salary of $100,543 to $119,398 pa plus 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
With a genuine focus on diversity and boasting one of the largest and fastest growing footprints in Australia, CQUniversity is one of the only dual-sector universities offering extensive prospects in teaching and is ranked among the highest-achieving institutions by Times Higher Education and QS World University Rankings.
Forming part of the School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences, the College of Science and Sustainability promotes an evidence-based focus to the examination, understanding and enhancement of health and wellbeing. Our world-class team engages with local communities, offering accredited studies in environmental health and applied disciplines.
In this role, you will make significant contributions to teaching within your college. You will also have the opportunity to pursue independent research to advance the scholarship of your discipline and further enrich CQUniversity’s research outcomes.
With over 20 Australian campuses, our national footprint is among the largest and fastest-growing. We feature in every mainland state, and roles in regional areas gain access to national-scale initiatives and operations. Take your pick of location when launching the next stage of your academic career in Cairns.
- Possession of relevant postgraduate qualification or equivalent in Public Health.
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary and Adult Education.
- Proven ability to teach and supervise postgraduate University students with experience engaging with tertiary students and supporting their educational development through multi-modal delivery strategies.
- Proven experience in and understanding of social epidemiology or systems thinking within a public health context.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage and network effectively with industry and community partners and stakeholders.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Thursday, 3 December 2020
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33742
When submitting your application, please include the following: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use alphabetic or numeric characters only in your application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.