Health & Wellbeing, Office of the President
At NUS, we value the health and wellbeing of our staff. We aim to facilitate people’s journey towards a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing, where we realise our own potential and are able to contribute meaningfully to our work and communities. Together, we can help our people to stay healthy and meaningfully engaged.
The Health & Wellbeing Office (Office of the President) is responsible for the innovation, implementation and evaluation of health & wellbeing programmes which support the general NUS population, as well as specific employees whom are exposed to acute mentally-stressful events. As a Consulting Psychologist, you will leverage evidence-based practices to diagnose, design, implement, and evaluate the mental health programmes in NUS. You will work with a team that is dynamic, fun, and most of all, passionate about supporting the health and wellbeing of our people.
This will be a unique opportunity for you to work with a variety of cross-functional teams internally, and within the marketplace to deliver mental health programmes. Candidates should have a background in clinical psychology and clinical experience in working with a diverse group of people. Corporate consultative experience in programme management, as well as solid negotiation and communication skills are highly desirable.
Job Description and Abilities:
- Diagnose, design, implement and evaluate evidence-based resilience surveillance programme(s) for employees managing mentally stressful events
- Partner functional and departmental leaders to understand work impact
- Propose technical inputs to Health & Wellbeing colleagues towards programme design, implementation, and evaluation
- Conduct market research and leverage best practices from the market that are relevant to NUS’ culture and ways of working, thereby influencing and driving the delivery of market leading mental health programmes
- Develop training and workshop contents to help employees, managers and leaders in managing mental health conversations in the workplace, thereby facilitating an inclusive and empathetic community
- Provide technical inputs to facilitate the creation of communication content to effectively promote health and wellbeing messages
- Provide clinical consultation and support for teams exposed to acute stressful events during extenuating circumstances
- Able to prioritise effectively to ensure delivery of impactful mental health programmes
Desired Skills and Background:
- Masters or PhD degree in clinical psychology
- 5+ years of experience working with individuals suffering from mental health conditions, especially in the areas of psychological trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Eligible for registration with Singapore Register of Psychologists in Singapore (https://singaporepsychologicalsociety.org/singapore-register-of-psychologists/)
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, strategic partnership, and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and lead projects involving cross-functional teams (e.g. HR, Health & Safety, Health Centre, Counseling Services, EAP vendor, Organisational Excellence)
- Must have strong organisation skills and be detail-oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Prior experience working in a corporate setting (advantageous)
Apply for Consulting Psychologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly