Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Under direct supervision, Molecular Animator will work with faculty member Grant Jensen to create illustrations for an Educational Resource. This is a training position where the Molecular Animator will learn the concepts of Molecular biology and present animations on the concepts requested.
- Create molecular animations and illustrating biological concepts
- Present work, take feedback, and update until a finished product is achieved
- Related duties as assigned
- Must have Hight School education or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Skills in 2D and 3D digital animation
- Experience with software including Adobe suite, Autodesk Maya, and Houdini
- Familiar with Molecular Biology
- Some research experience in microbiology