College Executive Support Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Fixed-term, full-time available until June 2021
Higher Education Officer Level 7
$86,821 - $96,107
Executive Officer, College Operations Support
The College Executive Support Officer provides high-level coordination, support for and delivery of executive-led improvement and growth projects and initiatives prioritised by the College to support the achievement of University and College strategic plans.
The position is an important interface between the College/Portfolio leadership and external community, requiring the ability to work effectively within a matrix environment, leveraging across College teams and engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
The incumbent will receive broad direction from members of the College Leadership Team and, in the main, will determine their own priorities and work plans consistent with the desired outcomes and the priorities of the College. The incumbent is expected to operate within a framework of broad operational policies and external requirements.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Providing tailored assistance to the College Leadership Team on the development and implementation of a broad range of projects and initiatives in support of the College strategy.
- Providing a range of executive support services to the College Leadership Team including but not limited to:
- email management;
- calendar management;
- responding to complex enquiries in a timely manager and initiating communications;
- preparing, editing and distributing professional-standard written material, including correspondence, reports and presentations ;and
- organising a range of events, conferences, functions and special events on behalf of the College.
- Coordinating, managing, delivering and supporting executive-led projects in promotion of College priorities and strategy including improved student experience, new courses, improved research performance, staff development, culture, partnerships and efficiency.
- Undertaking research and analysis across a broad range of issues and providing critical comment, briefings and reporting to the College Leadership Team in relation to active and planned initiatives.
- Providing high level support to College Leadership Team in the development and promotion of proposals, papers and strategic initiatives.
- Drafting correspondence, reports, presentations and submissions on behalf of College Leadership Team in relation to specified projects, including responses to complex requests to both internal and external parties.
- Preparation and compilation of diverse and complex reports, presentations and management papers.
- Establishing and maintaining effective and strategic working relationships with College leadership team, members of the College, associated research institutes and other internal and external stakeholders.
- High-level administrative support to help facilitate College and University change initiatives, process improvements and communication.
- Adopting a high-quality and consistent approach, utilising University systems, tools and processes to optimise delivery of agreed outcomes.
- As appropriate, organising and providing support for external visitors, including travel, accommodation, function logistics and workspaces as required.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to College Support Assistant and work as part of a team to cover absences.
- Act as a key support for the College Leadership Team to promote and advance College priorities
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the position as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Relevant tertiary qualification, or equivalent combination of experience and/or education and/or training.
- Demonstrated high-level project coordination and project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and motivating project team members to deliver high quality services and outcomes.
- High-level communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrated capacity for confidentiality and ability to cooperate and communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and guiding staff and working collaboratively within a team.
- Well-developed written communication skills, including demonstrated capacity to respond to enquiries in confidence, autonomously and draft correspondence and high-quality reports with recommendations for complex and sensitive issues.
- High-level organisational skills, including demonstrated ability in problem solving, priority setting and working to deadlines with high quality outcomes, apply attention to detail and relate tasks to the wider context.
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality outcomes, including an attention to detail, the ability to collate and analyse information from a wide range of sources, and an ability to relate tasks to the wider context.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement within broad guidelines, take initiative, flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated ability to collate and distil information from a wide range of sources and assist with or prepare and compile briefing papers, proposals, presentations and background documents.
- Well-developed problem-solving capabilities and the ability to work with broad supervision to determine and prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
For application enquiries please contact: Ms Daxine Waterman
Information for Applicants: You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before:
01 Dec 2020