Researcher in Intelligent Molecule and Material Discovery
Recruitment Program for Young Talent Plan
ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Center (HIC) is a world-class and future-oriented R&D center, jointly established by Zhejiang University and Hangzhou government. HIC’s mission is to build an open and collaborative international innovation hub in the Yangtze River Delta region that integrates chemistry, materials science, information technology, and life science. To build a world-class research team, the HIC has launched a new recruitment program: "Young Talent Plan”.
"Young Talent Plan – Intelligent Molecule and Material Discovery” program invites applicants for principal investigator positions in the Biological and Molecular Intelligent Manufacturing Institute. The institute is committed to tackling fundamental and technological challenges in the discovery of advanced molecules and materials for next-generation applications. The team will combine the state-of-the-art automated high-throughput experimentation facilities (ChemFoundry) and artificial intelligence to synergistically accelerate multidisciplinary research, including organic synthesis, functional polymers, porous materials for separation and catalysis, and process scale-up. Supported by the strong chemical industry in the Yangtze River Delta region, and the R&D capabilities of Zhejiang University, the Institute aims at becoming a world-leading innovation platform.
2. Research Areas
The institute aims at integrating high-throughput experimentation facilities and artificial intelligence to address grant challenges in medicine, specialty chemicals, functional polymers, and advanced materials. Applicants with the following research experience will be preferred, while other relevant areas will also be considered.
High-throughput experimentation technology (system integration, customized synthesis or analysis apparatus, and microfluidics);
Molecule or material design based on artificial intelligence (deep learning, natural language processing, knowledge graph, big data and cloud computing, computational chemistry, and molecular dynamics);
Small molecule synthesis;
Porous materials for separations;
Process simulation and scale-up.
- Strong research background, strong motivation in academic/technological career;
- Ph.D. degree awarded by a well-known university or research institute;
- Solid academic background and research experience in the field of chemical engineering, chemistry, material science, and computer science;
- Ability to conduct research work independently as PI;
- Letters of recommendation. Applicants recommended by academicians or internationally renowned experts will be considered in priority.
4. Offer packages
- Competitive salary, discussed individually;
- Housing benefits;
- Besides the funding support from the central and local government, the institute will additionally provide start-up research funding with a minimum of 3-5 million RMB for 3 years (renewable with good performance);
- About 150 m2 office and lab space;
- Various provincial and municipal talent policies;
- If qualified, the applicants can be recommended to be employed by Zhejiang University.
Contact: Ms. Yang
Address: ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Center, Zhejiang University, No. 733, Jianshe Third Road, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province China